Abby has now had her first St. Patricks Day, Easter, and last Monday we got our first SMILE!! Now she smiles often and has even started to coo a little at daddy. Smiles are such a reward for all your hard work, and it makes the long hours of crying or little sleep in the evenings all the more worth it! I'll be dragging myself out of bed to feed her at 2am and be groaning about how early it is, and once I get her in the nursery and she's sitting right in front of me, she stares right at me and gives me a couple smiles and even makes a few cute noises that make the early hours feel like happy hours.Along with those though, we're still managing her first diaper rash and her first bouts with "colic" (we're still not sure if that's what it is, or if she just has a special attachment with crying everyday for hours in the evening, usually starting around 5pm and on until she goes down for the night). I'm surprised our neighbors haven't come over wondering what we're doing to our child to make her cry so much...we're trying our best to be the best parents. This is our first too...
5 comments:
Wow this is awsome! I can't believe how grown up she is looking. I have a big smile after seeing her first smile. Your little girl is beautiful... i'm so glad you're blogging and sharing with all of us!
Oh my goodness! The fact that you have a newborn and you are actually able and willing to blog is amazing! Go SuperMom!!
Isn't the first smile MOMENTOUS?!!! That first smile literally changes your life and your heart forever!!!
Love ya:)
Ugh...if you ever want to talk...please call me! =) We've definitely had the run-around with Abbey. Colic, acid reflux...the whole 9 yards! I feel your pain! Ha ha!
But, you are so right! The smiles make it all worth it!
Yay for smiles! What a cutie! It just makes everything better. I am so happy she finally listened to you and realized that you needed a few more smiles in your day :)
And I am also so happy that you made a blog!
just wait till the first middle finger experience
Post a Comment