Wednesday, March 19, 2008

We're still alive and kicking!!

Wow...after 5 long weeks, I can actually say now that we're starting to get a hang of this whole parent thing. Definitely not experts, but certainly now experienced and ready for the new day ahead. Minimal sleep still invades our evenings, but when the hours stretch to just a couple more each night, we're thankful for what we can get!

I'm really excited about trying out this whole blog thing because it will force me to slow down and stop and think about my days and all the exciting new things that come out of them. God has been just humbling Robbie and I through all the many ways we should be recognizing His love for us in our lives. I know I get so caught up with the to-do's in life and how I can accomplish one other thing, and instead He's asking us to slow down and appreciate what we have and what He's providing for us every day.

2 comments:

amber dawn said...

Congrats Nikki!
Having a baby girl is the best! I know the sleep is minimal...and the tears are many...but God definitely meets us there when we need a more powerful strength...and a promising hope.
Welcome to the blogging world! It's fun...time-consuming...but fun! =) I'm eager to see more pictures of your lil' gem!

Unknown said...

I am soaking this all in... the lessons you are learning, the things you are remembering and realizing, and the journey of a new mom. Love you! I am so happy and grateful for you.