Monday, October 13, 2008

Who needs a mask for Halloween?

Never borrow somebody else's make up unless you know for sure that you won't be affected by it!! I made the mistake of borrowing mascara last Thursday and I have been paying for it all weekend and some. I got an allergic reaction surrounding my eyes that not only is visually unattractive, but also itches like no body's business. I visited Urgent Care on Saturday (thank you mom and dad for pushing me to go), but they informed me that there wasn't any medication that I could take to fade it away, and I had to simply just wait it out. Sunday was the worst day out of them all and by Monday I was finally starting to feel and see some healing. My own doctor was able to get me in on Monday and just reaffirmed that there really isn't much more that I can do...however, she also thinks it may not just be the mascara, that it could have been from a splinter I got outside on Thursday as well...or it could be a food allergy to all the dried fruits and nuts I've been eating lately. The worst part about it besides the early Halloween mask I had going, was that it itched really, really bad and all I could do was lay around with cold compresses to my eyes. The following image is not for the squeamish...

The progression of an allergic reaction:

I have to say though...there was one element of enjoyment out of this awful experience. I learned that no matter how horrible I looked, my daughter and my husband still loved me just the same and still were just as excited to see me as any other normal day. Now that's true love!

6 comments:

Joyful Weddings and Events said...

You poor thing! I am glad it is getting better!

Jess said...

Wow! It sounds miserable! I'm glad that you are on the mend!!

SHEREMYANDJELLEY said...

You should have blogged about your opening debut as a UFC fighter. J/K Glad you are better! See you Thursday?

KC and Jonathan said...

poor thing!! It looks miserable! So sorry that happened!

Barnett said...

wow, that is crazy! i always thought that my mom was exaggerating on what could happen! so glad that you are feeling better!

Jon and Jenetta said...

Wait a minute, Brandon. Your mom was giving you advice on wearing mascara???