Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We are so blessed!

My mom was a working mom and made it look like a piece of cake! We felt loved, taken care of, and we always had wonderful daycare. So naturally, when I went back to work I thought I would have a similar experience - to still be able to love on my lil' one and make sure that she is always under another caring eye. I didn't know how truly blessed I would be through this process! Robbie and I have had family members and friends step in, all at the most perfect times. I have only had a handful of days where I've had to bring Abigail to work with me or go in late or leave early to wait for the passing of the baton.

Since going back to work I have had both grandma's watching Abby weekly, my sister step in from time to time, Hailey Miller from church (when she's home from college) and her mom Patty, Susan Dubensky, Crystal and Austin Barnett, and Carmen and Lilly Robillard.

This week was another example of God's provision for quality care for my baby. Normally, Crystal and Austin entertain my little one every week on Tuesdays, but this week they are in Texas (and missed!), so we were needing to fill the void. Our sweet friends Fawna and her household of cuties stepped in and watched Abby for us. She got a chance to play with the twins, Nolan and Chase, and babble and chat with Gianna.








As you can see, she enjoyed even feeding Chase his blueberries ;)



And then after Abby was with Fawna and the kids, she went to another home in our neighborhood of 4S Ranch. She got to go play with the other Lilly, with her mom Andrea Hamilton. I love that she has been able to have the opportunity to play with other kiddos throughout the weeks!





A huge THANK YOU to everyone who has watched my baby while I'm away at work. There is a season for everything and this season of being a working mom has treated me quite well I'd have to say - and for that I am forever grateful!


One last thing (sorry this post is so long...) - I couldn't pass up these cute pics! Abby has found a fascination in shoes. Not only does she always want to try and put her socks and shoes on, she also wants to put your shoes on you or even her. She puts her cute tiny feet in my big shoes and I can't help but think how stinkin' adorable she looks (stinkin' doesn't refer to the shoes ;) I caught her laying my shoes in a line on the stairs in front of her and then "trying on" each shoe while sitting on the stair....so CUTE!






2 comments:

Dkalla said...

Heck, I am the one blessed getting to watch Abby...I just wish I could do it more. She is just such a angel, and growing so quickly. Thanks!

Love,
Grandma Kalla

CrzyAuntChar said...

She has Big Shoes to fit into... as both of her parents are "big" in personality, grace and love!