Friday, March 19, 2010

Catching up!!

February and March have been extremely busy for our little family! Robbie has just finished up his high school basketball season with Westview, which means that we will actually get to see him a bit more around the house. He’s still working three jobs to help keep us afloat and we’re still praying hard for God to provide for us in the next school year!

I have been having a lot of fun with “event planning,” if that’s what you can call it, with church events and friends’ birthday parties. All along, I’ve realized that I have sadly left my camera at home for each of these and did not get to document this time in my life through photos. I will try to remember for next time!

I am now 27.5 weeks pregnant and I’m starting to become uncomfortable at night and feeling the size of this baby boy. We have decided a name!! Our first son will be named DANIEL ROBERT MORALES ~ has a nice ring to it don’t you think?! Daniel means God is my judge and Robbie and I just love the stories of Daniel in the Bible. Robert is carried down as a tradition from Robbie’s family, where the first son carries their father’s name as their middle name. I love how different this pregnancy has been! I am starting to feel crunched for time now since it’s only a couple months away from his arrival, and we’re still slowly cracking away at getting his room ready. Either way, we’re going to be more prepared than we were with Abigail.

Since the last time I wrote Abby has done some pretty incredible things. She has picked up potty training on her own. We took a break from it after my last post on starting back in January, and during the weekend where I was away at my church women’s retreat, Abby visited a friend of hers for a play date and suddenly decided to have interest in it on her own. My friend Fawna’s little girl, Gigi, is a year older than Abby and she was insistent on showing Abby how she uses the big girl potty and how she isn’t a baby anymore in diapers. Abby came home wanting to wear big girl panties (aka: princess panties, Minnie Mouse panties, or Dora panties) and wanting to use the big girl potty. She has mastered it in all of a couple weeks thanks to Gigi!

After changing her to a toddler bed we were running into some trouble with her waking up in the night and coming out of her room. But we finally have been able to get her back into the swing of things and she is now sleeping through the night again. This makes her proud as well, because every morning she’ll wake up and sit at her door until you tell her it’s ok to come out of her room, and then when given permission to come out, she explains, “Abby good girl. Sleep in big girl bed all night long!” To which we reward her and she is allowed to lie in mommy and daddy’s “big girl bed” (Robbie just loves that ;). It’s become routine now for every morning.


Abigail has also been using full sentences when she speaks to us and can actually carry a conversation with you on the phone instead of just hanging up on you real quick. She’s singing a lot and talking to herself and her dolls often. She loves our time at night when she gets to pick her night, night prayers. She really mulls over what she wants to choose for us to pray about and she gets excited when she hears me pray about those things. Her prayers often remind me to bring even the most simple things to God and that even those things He’ll care deeply about for you since they’re important in your life.


One of the most vivid memories I’m going to hold of her right now is from an evening recently where I was reading a story to her. Many of you may recognize the story, Are You My Mother? It’s a simple cute story about a little baby bird that is looking for his mommy and is asking all these different creatures if they are his mommy. Well, after the cute animals he begins to ask some large objects and one of them being a construction crane. At one point in the story the crane scoops up the baby bird and there’s this scene of the baby bird wailing out, “Where is my mother?! I want my mother!!” I either was reading it with such intensity or making it sound scary, but either way, my little Abigail got this concerned look on her face, looked from the picture to me and had these tears just filling up her eyes and this sad look on her face, about ready to cry out loud herself. I couldn’t believe how empathetic she was towards this little baby bird. The very next page explains how the crane puts the baby bird back in its nest in the tree and he’s home. So when I read this part, we both cheered together and she had such a relief about her and this genuine happiness for the baby bird. I couldn’t believe such a young child could carry such emotion!

Abby was just asked to be a flower girl at her Aunt Trisha’s wedding in November!! She’s going to be so stinkin’ adorable!!

I will try to do better about posting sooner, but thanks for hanging in there with this long one and checking back in!

4 comments:

Andy said...

its been really fun seeing her so much recently.

Dkalla said...

Will forgive you this time, but I do want to see more pictures next time with the commentary....:-)

Very exciting times for all!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful family and stories with us!

Proud of You!

ps: But she can't be cutier than the Bride....hee hee

Morales22 said...

It's hard to think how fast she is growing....and we will have to put a paper bag on her head at Trish's wedding so as to not upstage the bride.

Morales22 said...

we need to find a vitamin that keeps her such a cute two...growing too fast....and we WILL have to put a bag over her head at Trish's wedding so as to not outcute the brides. ( actually she can be cute as ever, brides are beautiful!