Thursday, December 30, 2010

On your mark, get set, blog...



Seriously - we have been on a marathon of a couple months and I have had very little time for blogging. So, I'm warning you now, this is a VERY LONG blog post because I have my faithful viewers who actually want updates on how things have been going with the Morales family and I'm determined to not miss chronicling the happenings in our lives. So here it goes, in order of events and dates...

The last I posted it was right before Trisha's wedding, so I left off right before her Bachelorette Party. She was super cute all dawled up and ready to take on all the cuties who would try to change her mind about the wedding ;)





These were all the ladies who had fun with her that evening. I hear they had a blast out on the town - I headed back home to my family before the night's festivities; wished them a safe time and lots of laughs!!


Then came rehearsal time - it was SO cold, but we stuck it out outside and helped get Trisha ready for her big day!



Abby's practice for her flower girl entry was more like dragging Azaleah down the aisle with her. I had to remind her to not run - the warning didn't come soon enough because she ate it that night at the rehearsal dinner. Luckily it didn't leave that big of a mark.







Daniel was just starting to sit up on his own a little by this point...



Then we had Trisha's wedding which was totally a blast, but totally A LOT of work for a mommy of two little ones. I highly recommend not bringing kids to weddings...they just don't appreciate it and you are stressin' the whole time and not able to have the fun that you want. But, my little sister is married and I now officially have to share my birthday with Chris from here on out ;) Welcome to the family Chris - we love you! (The reason I don't have pictures is because I was catering to my sister so much I didn't carry my camera with me and she has yet to get me any copies of her professionally done ones....soon!!)

Then came Thanksgiving day/the birth day of my very first nephew, Carson Jonathan Wilt. We were all eagerly anticipating his birth around Trisha's wedding day, hoping they wouldn't fall on the same day and sure enough, Carson held out for a couple more days and made his big arrival on Thanksgiving day - put us all through a little scare on his way into this world, but now is a handsome and healthy baby boy.



In the meantime, while we were waiting to get the latest on KC and Jonathan's delivery, we went to my parents house for Thanksgiving dinner - YUM! Daniel even thinks so while he nibbles on his fingers...



One happy baby boy with his Auntie T



I had the lovely opportunity to partner up with my Bible Study friends and some other girl friends of ours to put on a charity boutique. My friend Holly was so inspired to do something as a compassion project that would allow her to help people around the world while still being a house mom and staying in sunny San Diego. So she came up with this handmade boutique where everyone who sold something, part of their profits went towards a charity of their choice. It was really great to see all the charities that my friends picked.






I would like to claim that I was able to handmake something really cute worth selling, but I just don't have that kind of time available to me right now. What I was proud to contribute was my graphic design - so fun to work on and I have to say I'm a bit prideful of what resulted. I made our main flier, some postcards, some little labels for bags and then some cute signs that we had at each table to let people know what charity they would be supporting.




Then it was time to start getting ready for Christmas. This year was really fun because Abby got really into helping me decorate. I couldn't pull out as many as I normally would, but it was fun to still decorate our tree like normal, with all of our ornaments and to share the stories with each of them.


It's incredible to me to look back at all these things happening since the last time I blogged. Because I have these pictures in here of Daniel just scooting across the floor from the beginning of December, and as I'm typing this, I have a big boy who is already crawling across the room and quickly!! These next pictures are right about the same time that I discovered Daniel's first tooth had broken through - crazy that they have come so early!!




One of the things that had also slowed us up in December, but kept us busy at the same time, were colds. Daniel has been through six different rounds of a cold and I believe a lot of it is thanks to his big sister. But, here's mine and Abby's attempt at making some cookies since we had to miss our Annual Kalla Girls Cookie Bake because both of the kiddos were sick. I obviously did not put those cookies out on trays, but kept them at our house to enjoy.

We were invited to join the Kyle's on their double decker bus again for Christmas lights and this year was super special because Robbie actually was able to go with us and Abby was ripe at the age to be able to fully enjoy all the sights! She also linked up pretty quickly to one of the other little girls that went on the bus too, Mali. They were so cute together...







So fun for all these little kiddos...


And you can't miss out on any Kodak moment for future wedding slide shows... ;)




Then we got to enjoy celebrating baby Carson's 1 mos. birthday and Daniel's first Christmas!








Because we went to both our parents' house for Christmas, we decided to hold off on our own personal Christmas until the next morning because of overload for our little princess. And you can see why below...once she looked down from the top of the stairs, she was in shock and she just kept saying "more princess dresses." She immediately wanted to get in one and then she preceded to play in it ALL day long. Huge thank you to the Barnhard family for all the hand-me-downs. We didn't realize all that was in the bag until we began pulling them out to set it up for Christmas. It felt like Christmas for us too because of how giddy we were to see all that was passed down to us!



Robbie got a new Charger's hat and he enjoyed trying to get Daniel to wear it...




Silly me, I didn't take a picture of myself on my first 29th birthday - it was my golden year as I turned 29 on the 29th - Robbie was sweet to do some fun golden-themed things for me.
Then the next day we went to the Holiday Bowl parade downtown. It was Abby's first parade and she loved it! A beautifully crisp day!


Her first ride on a trolley...


Mommy and Daniel enjoying the festivities!!
Whewwww....ok, now that one is done and I can start on some more recent things...thanks for hanging in there :)

2 comments:

SVlanyards said...

Thanks for the update. I kind of feel like I got to see you and catch up! We need to get together soon!

Dkalla said...

Love the fast forward....and love the pictures!