Sunday, September 7, 2008

What a doll!





I just wanted to share with you some new milestones of our little doll-face! Abigail has now found that rolling over is just simply way too much fun! She will take any opportunity to now roll over in her crib and loves to squirm around from side to side - preventing herself from taking any naps though! Who would sleep when your own crib is just way too much fun to explore?! We have found her now in her crib asleep on her side, on her tummy, and even face down on her arms - leaves interesting marks on her when she wakes up too. She no longer will go down quietly (except her bedtime going down)...now she takes any opportunity to squeal at Fox in Sox and Sam I Am, and she's taken a new interest in smacking her tongue (which grandma taught her that one?!). She loves, loves, loves peek-a-boo and enjoys sitting up to play with her toys.

Something really funny happened today. She's so incredibly smart and only almost 7 months old!! I don't know if I can explain this very well, but I'll try. Today, I went in to check on her during a nap and she was wide awake playing in her crib. So I crawled over to her crib and peeked between the bumper and the mattress...a small sliver mind you - only my finger could fit through the hole I made to peek through. Well, the little girl saw me and shrieked with excitement when she saw my eyes peeking in at her. So, of course, I spoiled her nap by playing a little round of peek a boo through the bumper and mattress. Later, I went in to check on her again and I found her reaching her hand between the bumper and the mattress to peek through herself. She was looking for me!! Can you believe it? Crazy smart that one!!

1 comment:

KC and Jonathan said...

Which grandma was teaching her bad manners...???? :) Always another reason to have different names. :)