We had so much fun on Saturday for Abigail's 1st birthday party. Even through the rain her friends came out to celebrate her! We had a bunch of books out for the kids to "read" and toys and puzzles. The kids seemed to have a really great time all playing together. We are so fortunate to have so many wonderful families that have children around Abby's age!! They are going to have a lot of great fun growing up together!
All the parents had a great time watching the kids have fun too!
This is why we had a book party...Abby will find her books out of all of her toys. She prefers them over any of her noise toys and everything!
There's Austin standing at the stand up toy.
Abby is such a great share-er. She's sharing her block with Isaiah.
Andrea and Lilly, enjoying Abby's rocking couch.
We're glad Brandon's back from Iraq! Abby liked "reading" with him.
We had a great time making a mess with toys, but then of course, we had to make a mess with a cake. I really wanted to make a cake for Abigail's first cake, so I found a really great recipe using a lot of ingredients she's already been exposed to. The only problem was that I couldn't find one ingredient for the frosting, so I thought I could improvise when I got home. The only thing I had was a raspberry flavored substitute, which ended up making the cake a bit tart. Needless to say, when Abby went to try her cake, she wasn't all that impressed. The inside was delicious, but the frosting threw everything off. All well, maybe next time. She still enjoyed making a mess with it and she fully enjoyed everyone singing Happy Birthday to her!
















5 comments:
How fun!! Cute pictures!! Wish we could have been there!
It was so much fun to be a part of Abby's 1st Birthday!!
Love,
Mom/Grandma K
We had birthday cake in her honor... sure missed being a part of this historic party!
Love her cute outfit... `-)
{{{HUGS}}} Crazy Aunt Char~lene
good times
I can't believe she's 1!! Crazy! She's so cute...looks like you guys had a blast with her! The cake pictures are awesome! :)
Post a Comment