Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Party, party...

I'm so excited...Abigail's 1st Birthday Party is coming up this Saturday! We sent these out as a bookmark for a "book" party with lots of Dr. Seuss stuff (I'll leave the significance of Dr. Seuss for another post sometime)...

We're eager to spend some fun times with friends and family and hopefully just walk down memory lane of the past year! I still cry watching any home videos I have of her first couple of months - am I going to do that for the rest of my life?! Anyways, more to come on her party, I just wanted to share how excited I am that it's coming up and getting closer!

For those of you interested...we are doing a book collection for children's books up to 6 yrs. old. I'll be sending a shipment out to the charity organization Reach Out and Read. If you want to read more about this charity go to their website. I'm really excited to do this because I'm always reminding myself how blessed I am that I get an opportunity to have books and read to my little one - many others don't have such the luxury. And a 1st birthday party is a great time where the presents don't really mean much to Abby, and maybe when she's older she'll appreciate what we chose to do with them instead. Who knows...it's just fun to give!

2 comments:

KC and Jonathan said...

cute bookmark!! Send one my way!! :) I think it's a great idea that you are doing!! high five!

Jess said...

That bookmark is adorable! Happy Birthday to Abby!! :) Looks like you have had some fun times lately!

Just saw your comment on my blog about the butterfly dress. Are you a regular Gymboree shopper? I love their stuff! I have found some fun ways to get their stuff pretty cheap which I didn't before know was possible! :) I really like that dress too. I am very much looking forward to the warmer season when she can wear it. She was just playing dress-up that day. :)