Even more so, we are truly going to miss little Austin - one of Abby's dearest friends!! She even said his name this weekend - well...sort of :) She has been so fortunate to get to know Austin, play with him, steal his pacifiers, as well as steal time away from his mom as Crystal watched her during the week while I was at work. I can't believe how quickly we have made friends, and then how quickly we've had to say good bye to them. But like I said, this weekend we avoided it.
On Saturday, Brad and Cassia hosted a pool party and everyone had a blast! Their pool was really neat because it had a gradual entry for wading into the pool. It was perfect for the kids to splash around!




Then on Sunday after church, we all got together again at the winery where Cassia used to work. Orfila Vineyards in Escondido was absolutely beautiful for our afternoon of friends. We had a great time trying to prolong the inevitable.


We still haven't said our official good byes - but I know I'm going to have to eventually. I'm enjoying avoiding them because it means that I still get to see them! So until then.....no good bye yet!
**Also, another of our friends, Jon, puts really great words to what we all are feeling right now. You can read it here.



2 comments:
You will just have to plan a trip to visit....and do a lot of skypeing...and make sure everyone keeps their blogs updated....:-) As the GVC Nursery will have a big void not having Austin too....:-(
Watch out for Austin & Abby's text messaging bills... I'm sure they have alot to share while they grow-up apart in distance... but not in their hearts!
Post a Comment