Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Guts!

This week Abigail has been having fun carving and trying out her creativity. From helping Daddy to helping Grandpa, she's been laughing, making a mess, and enjoying a new experience that I'm sure is going to be a fun tradition in the Morales house. We started with our own pumpkin at our house. This is where Abby coined the name "pumpkin guts" for the insides of the pumpkin. Literally, she was the first to say it (or something like it - which is what we interpretted it to mean). This is our pumpkin before Abby got into it...



Abby was flinging the "pumpkin guts" all over and so she got some stuck in her hair and on her face...




I videoed her saying the name of what she was finding inside...


Ok, so funny thing...I had just changed Abby's diaper before we got started and so by the time we went to bed (only about 30 min. after carving) she didn't need a diaper change again, so I put her to bed without changing. Only to find in the morning that Robbie had stuck a pumpkin seed in her diaper as a joke thinking that I was going to see it before putting her down to bed. Poor baby went to sleep with a pumpkin seed in her diaper...


And our finished product...

Grandma and Grandpa heard about how much fun we had carving our pumpkin, so they wanted to get in on the activity. Abby, now having more experience, knew exactly what she wanted to do with the "pumpkin guts"...



And Abby wanted to try and feed Grandpa all the seeds...



FUN TIMES!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

After we quit laughing so hard... it makes you want to run & take a shower! Now you can put her to work helping "Galleger" smashing watermelons! Oh My! :-))

KC and Jonathan said...

I love the designs of your pumpkin! Very creative!