I can't say things have been 100% successful, but I am confident that I have made a huge step forward in progress towards having her trained. She understands the idea of staying dry and that's the most important part of the whole process. Day 1 and 2 were the biggest days of challenges, but I am excited to say that both Day 3 and 4 combined, she has only had one wet accident...yet. She doesn't have any progress in the bowel training, but that is supposed to fall in suit when they are 100% bladder trained. We're getting there...
She doesn't seem to have any aversions to using her big girl potty...
Since we were moving her out of diapers and into "big girl" panties, and using the "big girl" potty, we decided it was probably also time for her to get her "big girl" bed. Abby helped daddy get her crib transformed into her new toddler bed.

She absolutely loves her "big girl" bed and so far (I'm typing this during her first nap in the toddler bed) she's handling it quite well. She hasn't even attempted to get out of it...yet.

This new year is sure to have many new experiences and fun surprises ;) I just can't believe how big my little girl is getting. I feel like I just blinked and she's already looking like a little lady and no longer my little baby. She's talking so much and learning so much and as I prepare for the next baby, I honestly feel like the baby days were so far away for Abby and I'm having a difficult time remembering all the little details. Abby has grown up so much in just the last few months. 2010 is sure to be interesting and exciting!! Happy New Year to you and your family.... from our lil' goof ball...



5 comments:
Dry/Treats....How Exciting! But she isn't even two yet, so if there are a few set-backs don't get frustrated. She is on her way to being a little lady, just in time to help with baby brother/sister....:-)
i see she keeps robbie's posture in the chair. yikes, id be nervous about not having a front rail on that bed, even a little one
Ha ha!! That last photos is awesome! I wish I were that flexible!!! :) Congrats on the new one coming!
im dry, are you?
Congrats on your potty training efforts and in transitioning her to a big girl bed! That pic of her in the chair is AWESOME! :)
Post a Comment