Monday, May 31, 2010

Happily Married

Waiting in May has become a familiar feeling for me now! Five years ago this weekend Robbie and I were happily married! May 29, 2005 was a beautiful day during a gorgeous Memorial Day weekend and I remember fondly the anticipation and the eagerness I had for our special day! Robbie asked me the other day if I had imagined where we would be five years into our marriage and I can't say I had guessed that we would be where we are already. I remember the weeks and days leading up to our wedding day were fun, stressful, filled to the brim with activity, and crazy - family coming into town, bridal showers, fittings, bachelor and baccalearate parties, the B.I.G. tournament (Bachelor Invitational Golf), rehearsal dinner, and last minute planning and coordinating; so memorable in so many ways!! And now we wait for another big milestone in our life and the weeks and the days feel similar in anticipation and eagerness.

Happy 5 year anniversary to us! :)


We had a lot of fun this weekend just spending a lot of quality time with Abigail! Lots of water time!



"Daddy, bring me an apple juice on the rocks, please!"

We even hit up the beach again to see if Abby would have a better time this time. She enjoyed it so much more this time, but still has her issues with having dirty hands and feet. She had fun running back and forth from the water to our blanket, but wouldn't actually go in the water without some coaxing from us ;)



Yes, you can say it - "Look, there's a beached whale!!" Yikes, that's scary!



One of our favorite things right now is to hear the sounds of Abigail singing to her heart's desire and sometimes at the top of her lungs. She has a tune in her head that she belts out and she throws in words she knows throughout. A lot of time her singing is accompanied with some interesting dancing moves too.

4 comments:

SHEREMYANDJELLEY said...

Congratulations on five years of loving!!!

I can't believe how cute Abby is when she dances!! Thanks for sharing. We are thinking of you as the day gets nearer!

Love ya guys!

Dkalla said...

No kidding, the excitement 5 years ago, and now the excitement of Daniel....not sure which is/was more stressful. But love both of these great events in your life, that we get to be a part of!!

Unknown said...

On the reflection of celebrations - I'm glad Abby can dance like "no one is watching" from her heart - and a little shake shake shake thrown in! It's the Big Sister Dance - and of COURSE she can sing - wait til' I teach her "I Love you California!"

Jess said...

Congratulations on 5 years! Love Abby's dancing too! She's so adorable! I heard that your little man has arrived! Can't wait to see an update when you have a few spare moments (do they exist after having a 2nd child?)! :)