Friday, June 17, 2011

My Son is One!

My baby boy just turned one last weekend and we celebrated him to the fullest! His actual birthday was on Friday, so we did a little special dinner with the family - Robbie made him homemade mac'n cheese for the first time and we sang to him with a zucchini cupcake and candle and all. I'm sure glad we did too, because we quickly learned that our lil' boy has a fear of candles ;) Seriously, the minute he sees the flame, he starts to freak out and wants to climb out of his seat. He cried all the way through his bday song on Friday, but luckily that was just the rehearsal for his big song at his birthday party on Sunday, where he actually smiled at the audience while they sang and didn't cry until I put the candle right in front of him.





Yep, his sister had to blow out his first birthday party candle ;) She was certainly ready to oblige and throw in the helping hand...after all there is a cupcake involved.



Daniel enjoyed his cupcake and made a cute mess...I say cute because I know many of my friends and family wished to see icing up the nose and in the hair....but that's just not my style ;)



It's not my style, but it can quickly become my family's style if they so choose it...



Abby set the stage for her Lily friend ;)



Happy 1st Birthday baby boy! Your mommy and daddy are incurably in love with you!



Daniel's buddy and cuz, CJ... Dan's sharing his cake eating tips with CJ and giving him the low down on how to get your parents to do whatever you want ;)



You know, I've been thinking I'm not ready to have my babies growing this quickly. Time flies and I keep trying to remind myself when I'm in the midst of it all that the days may feel sometimes long, as I recall them when I'm exhausted each night, but that the years are short as time quickly keeps ticking away. I have to eat up each moment, each opportunity to pinch those chubby cheeks and shower them with my kisses and squeeze and hug them and rock with them. I want to savor the sweet moments of cuddling, the small soft hands reaching up to me to be picked up, and I want to breathe deeply of their baby hair, smells of perfection. I don't want to forget, because I know that time is just going to pick up speed.



I love you little man!

2 comments:

KC and Jonathan said...

AHHH!! Beautiful! Jono wants to know who your photographer was!! :) Soo soo sweet! Happy Birthday Daniel! I didn't notice he was afraid of candles!

Dkalla said...

What a fun party too! And yes, savor every minute you can!! I know I sure am....:-) Love them lots!!! Oh, and you too....hee hee