Sunday, May 17, 2009

More to SEEattle...

Today was such a nice day for relaxing after our last couple of days of full activity. We started off by visiting Mars Hill where we heard a really awesome sermon by Mark Driscoll - what a powerful pastor. Loved the experience...

Then we went to have a picnic lunch at the Locks in Ballard. This is really a neat engineering marvel. Don't ask me how it works entirely, I wouldn't give it justice. It was just nice to lay on the grass near the Locks and nap a little in the sun while the boats went by - yeah...more sun - who can come home with a little sun tan from Seattle?! ME...





My dad worked on a project in Seattle and I was really glad I got to see the finished result. It was absolutely gorgeous and the lady showing us around kept saying how so many people have just stopped in off the street to say so themselves.






We decided to go for a nice dinner on one of the piers, so we went to Ivar's where I actually tried clam chowder. "They" say it's the best around and it was delicious - yeah, even I thought so...

When we returned home, Trixie taught me how to make her famous cheesecake! Yum...so I have a souvenir to bring home for Robbie now too :)

1 comment:

Dkalla said...

I can hardly wait to see all your pictures!! I am so glad you are well rested, and was able to spend some quality time with such a good friend....:-)