We started our day walking from Trix's place in north Beacon Hill to the Industrial District which is where you can find Seattle's Chinatown.

After picking up some coffee we headed to Pioneer's Square. I quickly learned along the way that apparently Seattle's construction and building are required to incorporate art into their projects. It was interesting to find art pieces along the way throughout the entire city!
In front of the clock tower of the Union train station...

After crossing the train tracks, we got to see Qwest Field where the Sea Hawks play...

After Pioneer's Square we made our trek to Pike Place Market and along the way we stopped at the Bubble Gum wall at Post Alley. Crazy - natural art...

The first Starbucks shop from 1912! I had already enjoyed some coffee in the morning, but I couldn't resist buying another just so I can say I did :)

We purused through the market and picked up a little snack/lunch at Beecher's Cheese and had the best macaroni and cheese I've ever tasted!!
The fish throwing...however the crowds were intense today because apparently everyone comes out when the sun does...so no pictures of fish throwing.
The first Starbucks shop from 1912! I had already enjoyed some coffee in the morning, but I couldn't resist buying another just so I can say I did :)
We took the Monorail from Westlake Center (a mall) in the Retail District (where you can find the first Nordstroms) to the Seattle Center.
Seattle Center is equivalent to San Diego's Balboa Park packed with museums, kids rides, science centers, malls, and of course the famous Space Needle. This is the view of the city from the top...
After we came down from the Space Needle we headed along the shoreline to Sculpture Park and I imagined my dad loving all of the interesting pieces along the way...
As if we hadn't walked enough, we then headed back up near Pike Place to meet up with Trixie's really sweet friends for a couple drinks and snacks before heading to the ball game.
Safeco Field doesn't beat Petco Park, but it definitely comes close - for once I was actually hoping for some rain so that they would have to close the roof - didn't happen, but the Mariners did win!


4 comments:
So glad you are having fun!
sounds like a lot of fun!
It looks and sounds like you are enjoying your visit...:-) It was fun seeing that you went to some of the places we did when we were there. Thanks for sharing!
Love,
mom
ps: Abby misses you....:-)
Cheese??!!??... I hope you're remembering Aunt Char's weakness - you are a tease! Bring back their webaddress! ENJOY your trip~!
Cut back the lavender today - thought of you & sweet Abigail Grace!
Post a Comment